How to get rid of cystic acne2 min read
Acne is bad. Cystic acne is worst. If you suffer from cystic acne you will understand the terrible insecurity inducing breakout it is. A cystic acne breakout is simple a break out of pox like pimples on the face, neck and shoulders.
Blamed on dryness, pollution, sun, hormones, dandruff, etc. Cystic acne is painful and difficult but the only redeeming fact is that it is treatable. As with all blackheads, pimples and zits, cystic acne also erupts from blocked sebaceous glands. The sebum or oil in the gland gets blocked resulting in an eruption of cystic acne.
The best possible way to rid you of the problem is to visit a dermatologist and follow a proper antibiotic course. Following instructions and tips from the dermatologist will help in treating the nuisance of vanity from the root.
A few don’ts while undergoing treatment are: –
- Avoid stressing over acne. Stress causes extra body secretions which may contribute to the blockages.
- Sun does not particularly help skin. Skin needs sun exposure but the sun is harmful for skin as sweat increase oil production.
- Touching skin and pimples is highly unhygienic for the skin. Touching brings bacteria and dirt to the face which promotes acne.
- Fatty food intake should be reduced and sugary foods as well as chocolates and sodas should be brought down in the diet.
- Increase intake of fruits and vegetables. Specially watermelon, cucumber, etc.
- Quit Smoking.
- For the non-vegetarians, avoiding red meat and having white meat is the advice.
Cystic acne is known to affect women up to the age of 40-45. The worst thing about cystic acne is that it is a sore of infected oil glands. What makes the sore worse is constant touching and reinfection? While squeezing seems the best idea when you look at a pimple, by touching it you tend to increase the chance of infection. Further, touching the freshly squeezed open sore adds to spread of infection in the area.
Basically when the infection from one bad cystic pimple spreads to other areas, it is called cystic acne. What should be taken care of is that the spread should be contained.
A few homemade packs and condiments also help in treating the cysts if you want to avoid medication:
A solution of honey with powdered cinnamon works for your face better than it works for you baking. Anti-fungal creams and ointments also help in reducing the inflammation. Vicks and white toothpaste are also said to heal pimples and dry out the infections.
A few would swear over the properties of crushed aspirin made into a paste and applied on the infected area.