As we quarantine, many people are experiencing increased tension and anxiety. Reflection and self-care are two of the most important things we can do for our mental health. Here is a list of stress-relieving exercises you can do at home. You learn about natural medicines to help handle stress.
Another important thing to remember is that there are several tools and ways available to assist you stop the downward spiral and avoid a bad day from becoming a terrible week or a poor month. Here’s what you should have on hand:
- Lavender oil or mist, this tranquil essential oil is ideal for a stress-relieving bath. It is also a good idea to put a small bit on your pillow to promote a good night’s sleep, which can assist enhance your mood as well as your general physical health.
- Exercise attire, sweat it out if you are down. Running, biking, dancing, and other forms of moderately intensive physical activity cause an endorphin rush, which is a recognised mood booster. Exercise also provides an excellent opportunity to practise mindfulness techniques such as mind clearing, positive visualisation, and mantra repetition.
- A joy list, if anything goes wrong in your life, does it tend to cast a shadow over everything else? If yes, make a list of the activities, people, and things that offer you joy. Pull out the list to remind yourself of the many excellent things in your life and then go out and find some joy, whether it is a coffee date with a dear friend or a weekend painting project.
- Chamomile tea, a cup of tea is a relaxing way to unwind after a long day, and chamomile in particular contains components that might improve your mood. Learn in internet about natural medicines to help handle stress as well.
- Healthy snacks, if you are depressed, you may lack the urge to eat, or the prospect of preparing a meal may seem exhausting.
- Mood music, is there a music that makes you want to get down and boogie? In either scenario, music might help you strike a more upbeat tone. Make a playlist of all your favourite songs to listen to when you’re having a bad day.
- Starving yourself will not help, so keep some healthy food on hand that will provide you with nourishment without requiring cooking or preparing. Avoid packaged foods like nutrition bars and energy drinks whenever feasible and instead go for whole foods like nuts, fruits, and lean protein.